Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sim on Ditko

I reviewed Bell's Strange And Stranger on the first of the month. Now someone has posted a review by Dave Sim. Reading the book, Ditko's behavior often reminded me of Sim, though their actual views are often poles apart (for example, on religion and God). Both are staunchly individualistic and both have, because of their views, been moved to the fringes of the comics world. I don't think Sim's argument about Ditko's integrity is entirely fair, not in every case, but read the book and see for yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when Dave says, "I get the impression that I’m the only person of my own generation in comics (and possibly of all succeeding generations) who sees the situation clearly." That's his attitude about everything in a nutshell. What a turd.

-- TLB