Friday, June 11, 2010

Wizzywig

I've updated my webcomics for the first time in all too long, adding Ed Piskor's Wizzywig. I've been reading it for a while and have bought the books available, but now Piskor has decided to go back and re-do a lot of the existing work:
Thanks a lot for checking out my Wizzywig comics. Over the past few years of doing it I've grown a lot as a writer and I've been cringing more and more when I look at those earlier volumes. Typically I don't pay attention to my work much after I finish it for this precise reason but this story is different since it's taking me 100's of pages and years to complete. I feel that the quality is uneven so I'm going back and reformatting, re editing, and even doing some redrawing to everything that currently exists and then I will wrap the story up, collecting all the work into 1 book, which shouldn't cost more than volume 4 would.
He anticipates it'll take him a year.

I think this is a great idea and, to be honest, I've always wondered why it doesn't happen more often. Since most comics now live on in collected trade format, creators have the opportunity to go back and re-tool with each new printing. Herge revised all the time. But no one seems to do it any more. So good for Ed. I look forward to buying the new, revised volume in a year or so.

No comments: